We could Expand Baldwin Beach!
Robert Carroll 270-7246
What’s The Deal?
- Relocate the Main Service Center into a 4 acre parcel of the New A&B Business Park in Kahului (Behind Home Depot).
- A&B would then donate the 35.5 acres between Baldwin Beach Park and Pa’ia Bay Park
- Total expenditure per acre included in this option is about $180,900.
- Relocate the Main Serivce Center into a 5 acre parcel in the Kehalani Village Center in Wailuku (near the new Longs).
- Kehalani would then donate 14.4 acres nearby for affordable housing.
- Total expenditure per acre in this option is about $338,228. Additionally Kehalani is a 550 acre community planned by developers at the base of the West Maui Mountains. The county
The choice is clear. Expanding Baldwin Beach Park is a less expensive option delivering more bang for our tax bucks. The Maui Island Plan calls for this land to be Park Land and would help to complete the bikeway from Pa’ia to Kahului. The County Service Center would be most centrally located with easy access at the Business Park in Kahului. And the County should be working with creative developers and landowners who have the vision who create livable affordable housing without relying on tax floated land deals to create a Maui Nui we can be proud of.
Your representatives need to know what you want and that you expect them to represent you. Please get in touch with them ASAP and encourage them to make the right choice and act soon, lets not let this opportunity slip away.
Additional Information Including Maps:
Pa’ia Bay Site Map – Where Our Park Would Be
Maui Business Park Site Map – Where the County Service Center Would Be
Kehalani Site Map – The Other Option for the Service Center