We are so pleased to share that the Council has heard you and is listening! We will be acquiring the Baldwin Beach property AND the Council is ensuring that the Playground Committee gets $75K – half of its grant money – up front to expedite the restoration! This all happened last Tues at a Budget Committee hearing and won’t be final until after second reading before full Council Oct. 3rd, but YES! we all spoke out and they listened. Thanks to all who submitted testimony and to the Council Budget Committee!
Archive for year: 2014
We could Expand Baldwin Beach!
Maui Island Plan Chapter 10 — IMPLEMENTATION CHAPTER
The Maui island Plan is currently being reviewd by the council and does not reflect many of the important community recommendations that were made by the General Island Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC). Those recommendations were the voice of our communities and they have been largely cut out of the final version. Please take a moment to educate yourself and make your voice heard by the council!
Kalana O Maui Building
200 South High St.
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
Ph : (808) 270-7939
Fax: (808) 270-7127
Pukalani, Kula, Ulupalakua
- Member – Budget & Finance Committee
- Member – Economic Development, Energy, Agriculture, & Recreation Committee
- Member – Housing, Human Services, & Transportation
- Member – Land Use Committee
- Member – Planning Committee
- Member – Policy & Intergovernmental Affairs Committee
- Member – Water Resources Committee
J. Kalani English
Senate District 7
Hawaii State Capitol
Toll free from Maui:
984.2400, Ext. 77225